12/02/2006

Now Playing: The Velvet Teen - False Profits (acoustic)

You know these past few months have come together really well in this term paper I'm working through. It looks like the overall message about life is to never forget the rest.

It's dangerous to say that to best live your life, you have to leave yourself and embrace the rest of the world; it's also a big mistake to say you should turn inward and discover the power of the human spirit. Both those opinions have the right idea in mind, but it's only when you realize that you need a TOTAL perspective - not just yours or that of the world - that you can then say you know anything at all. You know nothing until you realize that it isn't just you, it isn't just the rest of the world; it is everyone and everything, in an amalgamation of spirit and amazement that few people care to truly explore.

I'm afraid that once I finish this paper, I'm going to take this advice. Why afraid? I think it's because I'll be one of the few I know to truly open their eyes to something outside what they take as belief. Funny you know.. most people consider these years in college as the chance to take in something really different. I know everyone has it in them to try their hardest to achieve a glimpse of this divine sense of balance, but who's gonna quit? Who's going to say hey, I'm much happier believing that I've always believed. I refuse to try harder.

I don't know. It's also exciting to me too, ya know.. to feel like there's an awesome connection to experience, and be lucky enough that I want to go where I have to in order to live it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home