5/04/2006

Now Playing: Belle & Sebastian - The Rollercoaster Ride

these past few weeks have been... rather revolutionary.

In short, the past few weeks have taught me that once again, we are the power we want from the universe. I can have an amazing time with some of my closest friends (Ashley's 21st birthday, having an amazing time with ash, my cuz, izza, etc), I can study whatever I wish in the universe (lab), and I can just as easily.. find interest in the worst of possible subjects, if I tried (justice).

I am the CEO of the louieverse.

Today, jon yelled at me. By that, I mean he expressed serious concern over the direction I am taking with this career thing. Rather, the lack of direction I am taking..

Basically, I have to accomodate my interests into my future career. Basically, unless I want to do clinical psychology, I should drop out from psyc198g for the fall. I should dedicate myself to becoming amazing at research. "You're doing alot - and you won't get good at any of those" jon would say. "Don't turn into ----", jon says. He's worried that my lack of decisiveness is going to be the end of me. Funny, as that is exactly what I was telling sean to do all day. Be decisive. Make decisions.

So with what jon talked me through, I've come closer to knowing what I want to get into. Let's break it down for me lui! in PHILOSOPHICAL FORMATTA:

a) I am an extrovert. I like the social ambience. I enjoy people.
b) I have not-so-secret introverted tendencies. I enjoy being by myself doing something, sometimes. I like talking to people one on one.
c) I CRAVE KNOWLEDGE. I must have it. I want to discover things, I want to fix things. I like to fix things alot. I want to learn, to fix things.
d) Being a professor fulfills the needs of the extrovert by providing the social environment I want.
e) Being a professor allows me to study what I wish to do, and it allows me to talk with people one on one.
f) Being a professor allows me to shoot up massive KNOWLEDGE DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS
g) Being a professor allows me to do research, which means, I can try and fix things, discover things, and be a part of an interconnected mass of amazingness that we call the psychology body of knowledge.
h) Therefore - luis should pursue being a professor.

The worst mistake to make, is forget who's the person that is pursuing this graduate school thing. I can't forget myself in this process, so I won't. Now.. it's between psychology law research... or clinical...

a decision coming to a blogger near you. blogo.

thanks jon. I am really gonna miss you. and methy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home