2/15/2006

Now Playing: Thievery Corporation - Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes

school madness

I had a meeting with Dr. Funder today. For those not in the UCR Psych Department bidness, Dr. Funder is the chair of said department.

While discussing what I had gone in to discuss (which is nunya's business), Dr/ Funder said a few really... uh, interesting things about me. Since I had made an appointment with him through Sue, he and Diane Fewkes (sp?) took the liberty to look me up before our meeting. Yep, they did an academic background check on me. It turns out, I was one of 2 A+'s he had given in a very long time, when I took psych150 with him. He remembered me when I walked in! He said I sat in the middle middle with a consistent group of 5 - 6. I was like whoa.

So after telling me I was one of 2 A+s and how those are rare for him to give, he told me he looked at my COMPLETE academic record. Both of them were impressed at how 'credible' I was, and all I could freakin' do is blush and DIE. These are super educated people patting me on the back. It felt fantastic and I couldn't get the blush outta me. Told me I was his favorite student for that quarter - yeah. What do you say to such things hmm?

Anyway yeah. Looks like I may have another letter of recommendation in the works. We talked and were very nice and accomodating through the whole thing.

Now.. if only the things we talked about get sorted through. For the sake of not pissing off the captive audience, let's take off some vagueness and just say that it had to do with the labs @ UC Riverside, and my status as one of the Research Assistants within the University of California, Riverslide. oh how things will develop..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm commenting here because you wont let me comment on the other post...coward. but I found 2 good bands out of that shitload of crap. Rilo Kiley is awesome, and explosions in the sky won me over. you can feel slightly accomplished if you want.

-Matt

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg Luis
I am so proud of you! Talk about hook-ups! Congratulations my friend!!
Lydia

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home