12/07/2005

Now Playing: same song, actualleh

I am here residing in... the Psycholinguistics lab @ UC Riverside. at 8.25pm. Alone in le Olmsted basement.

As I sit here using lab privilege to type out my Mengzi/Xunzi essay, and I ate some of Zana kimwa [sp?!] with lamb, I realized something.

If the environment allows it, we can realize ANY potential within us. We have it all inside ourselves. It's just a matter of who pursues it, and who doesn't.

More and more do I seem to arrive at the conclusion that right now, I am not exclusive to anything and anyone. Personality wise I am pretty stable, if not a bit static. But I refer to everything else as well... everything is fliud. I am fluid. Flexible. Malleable. Rather, I COULD be.

Like.. I may be mending my emotions over a girl at this time [yep. still. a little.]... but what's to stop me from going from being strictly about the ladies, and developing feelings for a guy too? What's the real difference anyway? Surely we all have the capacity to let ourselves flow from one side of the spectrum to another, in terms of anything.

I don't really know why I had this sudden urge to bring this up while writing my philosophy paper. This stuff just makes me consider everything from multiple perspectives, I guess. That, or sexual fluidity, bisexuality, has been something i've never really looked at. Most people must have. As Dustin Hoffman said, sexuality can never be an exclusivity; nothing in life is absolute. I can't make a case against him. I mean there must be asbolutes out there, somewhere, but i don't think we could ever achieve them.

This expansion of my thoughts may be as close as I get to being flexible about sexuality as I can. I never thought it possible to be secure in your sexuality, and consider a shift in perspective at the same time. Don't close the door on things! There is no lock to secure. Comfort is not security. Knowledge is.

and i loooove contemplating everything ever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all this from a greaser?

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from your greaser lover lydia

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home