12/11/2005

Now Playing: Death Cab for Cutie - Marching Bands of Manhattan

I AM THE SCIENCE LIBRARY. yessssss.

It's weird. These past few days have had me going through a lot more self-analysis than the last ten weeks combined. Guess it isn't so funny, since I didn't give myself that kind of attention the last 3 months. oh well.

Friday I got to hang out with Mike and talk about alot of stuff before he packs up his stuff and is off to his dream job in the OC. I think Mike is super awesome because he's so easy-going and enjoys talking to us younger kiddies on the same level. It makes you feel like the boundaries between undergrad and grad are nothing more than a formality that, at least around here, isn't as hardcore as it is at other Universities. I like that.

He helped accesorize me in some things, discussing private things with one another and after everything we went back and forth on, he puts on that famous sweater with the couch pattern, walks out with me from Olmsted, and tells me stay in touch. seriously, stay in touch. I kinda saw him as like a psych-older-brother at that moment. That was cool. And I will be.

So I have a slew of obstacles ahead of me that are getting closer and closer. You'd think that when classes end so does the anxiety and the thinking, but thank god... that isn't the case. These past few days have been a wonderful braintrip... stuff that I've experienced since Thursday has been giving me alot of yum brain goodness life stuff to put in perspective. So thanks to everyone I've seen since Thursday@! You have no idea what you said and how it affected me, but it sure did.

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in front of Olmsted looking out toward the bell Tower, and... I felt the whole universe move, and turn in unison. Everything changing before my eyes, myself included. It was so sublime. I felt the wind brushing against my back, pushing me to go forward.

So I'm gonna. It's what I'm here to do. And whether everyone wants to realize it or not, that's what they're here to do, too. And it's okay, because the more things evolve and mature and progress.. the more you value the consistencies in life, too. Hanging out with someone I'm close to like Izzy really gave me a brainspasm, because that's when I realized, within our own consistencies and changes, the dymanic of our relationship also remaind consistent and changing, for the better.

My paragraphs do not flow from one to another today. it's hilarious! It's when my mind flows as its fastest and best that my eloquence is as it's more viscious and chunky. mmmmm. off to conquer this gorgeous library. See ya fellers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hereby rename "cell phone" as "celephone".

just thought you should know.

p.s. i want to blow up riverside with the biggest weapon of mass destruction that i can find. (it might just be a water balloon....but oh what a water ballon it shall be!)


-rachel

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home