12/01/2005

Now Playing: Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark

laptopless since . . . whatever last Saturday was. Eventless? HELLLL NO.

week 9 has always been the busiest of em all ever within each quarter, and I think this one actually beat out the last few.

Between conjuring up philosophical debates for azn phil, or finishing up and prepping for our cognitive presentation, or running subjects, or learning to use HAL, doing SQ3R and personality articles ..... yep

death

I have to say though, I knew it. I did everything with success and with time to SPARE bitches. I thrive in this environment. I hate that. But it's okay. This all has a payoff. The greatest moments of this insane time in my life are those that remind me that I can take everything on at once.

Today I finally (finally finally) got to talk with Mike Cassens, my favoritest grad student TA in the whole universe. I got to see pictures of his new baby (which reminds me, I want a baby), discuss his future plans since he's leaving the PhD program to provide for his new baby (say awww everyone). I told him I'm lab shopping for a lab to add to my repetior (sp), and he, after introducing me to Seth (grad student in Funder's lab) and being all random and awesome, helped me out by telling which labs in social/personality are worth going into. Since we didn;t get to finish discussing everything we're probably gonna hook up during his office hours next Thursday too, which will be his last Thursday at UC Riverside. aww. =[

so I go back to lab and Zana tells me I'm glowing so she knows I finally found the shadow man Mike. haha. I always glow apparently when I see someone I've been wanting to see. anyway. Today was fangoddamnfuckingsextastic. Got to be in lab with my lab family, got to see my psych mentor of sorts, and we had the absolute greatest debate session in Philosophy. We all caqme out as friends. How often does that happen outside of the college awesome smart people setting? Not too many times.

Week 10 and finals week are in the horizon. I think after tomorrow (presentation), I'll be reaffirmed; after a week like this.. there can be no bad weeks. See ya on the flipside, fellers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassens couldn't cut it. His wife's baby is just an excuse.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

eh?

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home