10/02/2004

Now Playing: The Velvet Teen - A Captive Audience

awesome band.

I feel like updating and then commenting.. may I?

Thursday a big group of the UCR kiddies went to go see the Jimmy Eat World [!!] concert that was happening at school. Oh man. Did you know some of my all-timers are jimmy songs?! Basically it was half of the girls, most of the guys, and some of Habib's [ooh sorry - Ryan] friends that drove up from SD. Met some freshie girls while in line.. I know I know cardinal sin haha. They were alright. No seriously.. oh and donnnnn't tell Jen, but one of her friends from the OC was cute. She looked like a long-haired Rosie. so cute.

The concert itself - AMAZING man, amazing. The Velvet Teen opened for JEW, and omigoodness I found a new favorite band. The lead singer's voice was this melodic mix between Bono from U2 and the lead from All-American Rejects. It was so awkward - but it fit. The songs were great. They said we were their biggest audience to date - isn't that awesome? Considering these guys have been to places like Japan. But yeah, this looks like a group I'd definitely buy an album for. When they closed up the world turned upside down..

Jimmy played SO MANY of my favorite songs! You've probably heard me belt out one or two x] and everyone was into it.. even Bryan. lol the girls were so short and us so tall and EVERYONE jumping, it was madness. Not even halfway through and this... huge circle was made on the floor where we were, and everyone was just PUSHING and shoving and going wild. You had to have been there to understand. Habib gets into the action and eventually drags me in. #$^& hahaha so I shove him back and run away from hell, as I didn't want to die. IT WAS GREAT! It was a surreal experience. The lighting, one of my faovrite bands, and a huge group of friends.. unbeatable. 11 of us pigged out at Denny's afterwards. That's when I remembered.. I was waking up at 5 that morning

Tonight I had dinner with Nicole, as we both made the trip back home for the weekend. Me for her.. and she for Jacob. haha. We went to Cafe Bellisimo, where she worked this summer. I got to meet most of her co-workers, and got to see my boy BOBBY!!! Oh MAN I missed him so =). While we caught up on one another, Nic kept running around, thinking she still worked for the place.. it was very cute.

Nicole is one of the very, very few people in my life that I'm going to have around forever. You can feel it. She's like my sister, like we can go so long without seeing each other, and always pick up from the last time. You don't really get that with anyone anymore, which is something I've definitely come to terms with as time passes by. Sometimes, with her, I feel like making people jealous.. because I know very few people have such a great friend by their side. And THAT was my emo compliment for the month, see you in two weeks Nic!

I backed out on going to Jacob's then Bobby's. I had this sudden rush of thought so I had to write stuff down. Tonight, being with NIcole just doing much of nothing, it hit me like a ton of pasta..

..that I'm there, man. I'm in it. This is what it feels like to know who your friends are and will be, to be free from drama, and to just be happy. Happiness is something I know I thought I was always fighting towards, but never could reach. But I guess we all get caught up in our own lives to realize what's really going on. I don't think I really told myself, until tonight, that I have the best friends I could really want, and I wouldn't trade the feeling that comes with that for anything.

But I still want Santa Cruz weed. adios mofos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home