8/18/2004

Now Playing: Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, Pt. I

this song is so mellow and upbeat. =) This is an atypical birthday post, so skip it if you're looking for any ''deeper'' thoughts and insights; trust me, those are coming..

Thanks to everyone who called and left messages everywhere yesterday on my birthday. I felt the LOVE in all it's forms. Special thxxxx's go to those I spent these past few days with. Why yes, my ''birthday'' was celebrated starting Sunday.. haha.

I spent all of Sunday with Brighton, who was on a two-day stay in the Valley. It was an awesome time, highlighted by it being our first outing alone that did NOT require walking. Yep.. she became a passenger to the Chihuahua mobile. We were all up and down the valley man, and all into Hollywood and Melrose; a great day indeed. After spending a whopping $1 on a new shirt for myself, she treated me to ice cream, swearing to GOD how bad she felt about not being here for Tuesday, my actual birthday. eh

Skipping Monday because nothing of note happened [except for the LOSS of internet at home], on Tuesday I got a shazzle of fone calls. That was very cool. Weird too. I never made my birthday either known or a big deal because I'm used to doing it that way. Matt called so we got together, with Glen to .. hang out with Justine. x] I still hate you for making me sit in front you bastards. But all was full of love.. I suppose.. we got to Roel's to chill for a while when Dan and Joe surprise the jeebus out of us. This meant Glen had to clean the ant-boba drink from the bathroom. Sera was there too so I felt totally weird, in a good way, because while nooe had said happy birthday [yet.. oh boy], I guess that's what I expected so the evning carried on. Then Max arrives, aigo.. what was with the SLackers reunion of the millenium?

SO we all watched the Olympics together like a couple of lazy asses on a hot summer night. I carried Joe somewhere and eventually everyone was like oh.. it's your birthday? I would've laughed, but I wasn't much for laughing. I was kazed and dazed at that point.

After getting home, I sat myself down and tried to write something - anything. And it hit me; this was the mellowest birthday ever. I assure you I hate the idea of a ''birthday''; hence why I try not to bring it up. However, these past few years were pretty significant and it begs for a comparison of sorts. I go from years of strictly NO mention of the day to the summer of my 17th, when Matt/Jenny/Meg/Beth [haha Beth] gave me the best birthday of my life. The next year, they were all gone and it was HORRIBLE.. but I had the likes of Glen/Enza/Minjung make it nice. But now? I got to hang out with my best friend, some real good friends, and unexpected people..

I just hope next year isn't as random. Reseda point next year.. I swear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home