5/17/2004

Now Playing: White Stripes - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

so yeah, I loved Troy. I loved the movie. I'm not gonna make any apologies for it either. It did exactly what it was supposed to do: take an epic story and condense it enough for the dumb general audience to accept it. It may have been slightly off historically, but what movie based on a book DOESN'T do that???? Jesus.

I think all the performances were great. In all honesty too. Yes even Bloom... he made me wants to gut him even more than I already do. woot. Eric Bana is sooo badass.

Like someone said before, this movie was based off the Iliad, which was NOT the whole 10 year telling of the battle at Troy. It was a summary of sorts, which it did a fine job of. By the way, did any mythology buffs like myself laugh whenever it was hinted that more was to come from Odysseus? "I don't care about missing the beginning, as long as I'm here til the end." hahaha. I loved that. Great movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home