10/23/2003

There's some songs that take me back to different times, to the past... it's all so beautiful. I guess some songs hold historical value. We all go through those phases where we listen to only certain bands and certain songs. Sometimes, it's just a matter of chance what you listen to, and when. I've been around the block here, and there have been events in my life that just drove me to places I had never been to. There was usually a few songs in the background for each of those moments. It fills me up with such happiness, to have these songs like Warning Sign and In My Place, to remind me of everything. Yeah, I enjoy looking back. But that gets irritating. What I like even more is... listening back.

You have no idea how significant this post is for me. I've been obsessed with the concept of musical influence since high skool. I finally found the way to put it into words, sort of. There's some songs like Not Enough that remind me of the end of 11th grade. That was my year man. My tears. Whenever I listen to all these different genres and sngs and bands, I drift away. My life can be defined in eras through my musical tastes. I used to be big on gangster rap. heh.

Everytime I come across them I have to stop and bask in the time it reminds me of, and the people that come along with it. Hearing Ranma brings me back to me and Matt. Wow... we used to be like brothers. haha... hassling Peter An to get us more. Some remind me of specific people, not necessarily events. I listen to Lonesome Tears and all that comes to my head is Glen. Only Hope reminds me of Meg. We Never Change by Coldplay is just one song that reminds me of ... yeah. Everything. They're all so significant to me that I can't handle it sometimes. It becomes too much, to carry such MEANING into just listening to the music. It can be nice to revisit. But it's also unhealthy, when all that comes up are the songs you listened to when you were down and completely out. Man.. I could do this for hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home