7/20/2003

Lazy Sundays make for some really kool realizations. I had woken up form resting after my run and found myself at home alone with my little brother. We find that FX is playing Ally McBeal [AMAZING show, damnit], so we watch intently. The thing is, Who's line is it anyway? was on at the same time on another station, so we decided to simultaneously watch. heh not ones to make up our minds, are we? It was the series of episodes where ultimately, Ally's life-long love Billy has a brain hemmorage, and he dies. Eh, show aside I started to realize how wound up we both were in what was happening. We let our emotions get capitvated by something which we hold dear to our hearts [serious drama], and we just about lost it. I still don't know how to really cry heh, but it was still heartbreaking to see what was going on. phew. Anyway, we were pretty torn up, especially since we've seen the whole show for years [thank you FOX~!]. Afterwards, we dedicated ourselves to watching Who's line, and we started dying on the floor laughing. I had my second realization: It happened again. We let our emotions be swayed ever so simply by somehting we love [comedy]. I think I'm in amazement right now as to how easily anything can twist our emotions and our mentalities. I don't wanna say that we pety human beings are easy to manipulate, or that we're very fickle emotionally [going from tears to cheers in a matter of minutes], but I do wanna say that it made me feel more than ever, that we are the masters of our destinies, and how we feel. Sure, things around us will alwayz be a circumstantial factor as to how we generally feel... but we alwayz have the power to change how we feel. Most notably, we have the power to give up power. Anybody can simply give in, to late night dramas or comedy shows or any form of distraction, and be taken away and be MADE to feel ANYTHING, accordingly. Fuck... isn't that kool? and yet... so scary?

ahhhh... back to watching tv. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home