11/11/2002

three day weekends rock my world!!!!!

best quote: "... the best way to get someone to want something is to tell them they can't want it." - Thisbe Nissen The Good People of New York

it's true though right? i mean ... the second you think you can't have something, you just want it even more. it's the same ideology of the forbidden fruit. you always want what you just can't have.

oh check this blog out. it's a really good read, if you're not interested in the concept of the blog itself.
here's an excerpt:

"I first became homeless in the Winter of 1982. I was 21 years old then, yet had no idea how to take care of myself in this world. The past 20 years have been a struggle, trying to get a grip on what most everyone else considers to be normal life. I've never been able to fit into "normal." And I've never been able to fit into our society, which I doubt is anywhere near normal, either. I have discovered recently some of the causes of my problems and am working to overcome them as best as I can.

Here, I will attempt to relate to you the realities of homelessness. But there is certainly more to a homeless person than being homeless, and this may be the best thing this blog could accomplish - a greater awareness about the whole-ness of homeless people. Not every post will be about homelessness, but they will all be about a homeless person, me. For some people it will be their first experience with the "me" identity within a homeless person. Welcome to My world, a subsidiary of Our world."

you should really check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home